A Titan rocket explodes just after liftoff. Not a good day for the Air Force. (Credit: USAF)
This week in The Space Review…
* HLV! HLV! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Say it again! That is basically Lou Friedman’s view of the job creating, budget busting heavy-lift vehicle that Congress has thrust upon a reluctant NASA.
* Todd Neff looks at the vastly over budget and behind schedule James Webb Space Telescope, which threatens to scuttle and delay other valuable projects.
* Jeff Foust reports on some the measures the US and other countries can take to make sure orbital debris, satellite collisions, and anti-satellite weapons don’t destroy space as a useful place to visit and do work.
* Jeff Foust reviews a book by an astronomer who helped to obliterate Pluto’s status as a planet.
* Dwayne Day continues his look at the long-since-canceled and little mourned TV show “Defying Gravity,” ABC’s valiant effort to wipe out the space science fiction genre once and for all.
* * *
(C) Douglas for Parabolic Arc, 2010. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us Post
Feed enhanced by Better Feed from Ozh